Sunday, November 21, 2010

Week Eleven

Owning Up


The Lions and Bills had one of the best games of the day, including some late-game drama. It probably would have been a lot more dramatic had Detroit quarterback Shaun Hill not tossed the ball out of the back of the endzone instead of to a receiver, but we can't win them all. The Bills, on the other hand, can't lose them all now as they picked up their first win of the season. Cheers.

Apparently a victory over the Cardinals does not hold as much weight as I thought it did as the Vikings were trounced by Jay Cutler's Bears. Hats off.

Somehow the Dolphins got it done. I cannot explain it. With their quarterback woes, beating Tennessee was not an easy task, but they won easily. Applause.

The Texans are all of the sudden falling apart and the Jags have surged to become the surprise of the AFC South rather than Houston. Snaps.

The Broncos cannot decide whether they would like to prove me right or wrong. I claim them as my dark horse and they get blown out by Oakland. I take back my claim and they smash the Chiefs. Wish-wash.

Who really expected the Cowboys to win? Really? High five.

The Patriots and Steelers was really a tossup. Both teams are having incredible years and this game showed exactly why it was such a difficult game to pick. The Pats had the advantage though as it looks like, at least for now, Tom Brady is still a few notches above Ben Roethlisberger.

Predictions


Last week was rough. My picks are on a roller coaster right now. After a 9-4 week, I followed that up with a 6-7 stinker of a week. That puts my season record at 60-54. Although I am still above .500, it could be much better. This week due to me being home from school on break and my wanting to focus on picks rather than reasoning, I'm just going to give my teams and we'll see how it goes. Here are my teams:

Bengals, Lions, Redskins, Chiefs, Packers, Jets, Steelers, Ravens, Browns, Falcons, Saints, 49ers, Patriots, Eagles


p.s. Keep those ears open as the dynamic duo of Colby Bowman and I will be back announcing high school basketball this season. Keep those computers locked on ross.localsportsradio.com for all of the exciting action. I am excited to get back to doing play-by-play.

p.p.s. Get well soon, Steve Nash.

p.p.p.s. For more senseless babble, follow me on Twitter. twitter.com/bradley_w_parks

No comments:

Post a Comment