Sunday, October 31, 2010

Week Eight

Owning Up
The Broncos let me down. They made me look like an absolute fool. Hats off to the Raiders for allowing me to bask in shame.

I would also like to give a round of applause to Colt McCoy and the Browns for proving me wrong.

The Panthers managed to slip away with a win despite my indirect tag of "worst team in the NFL." Cheers to them.

Kevin Kolb let me down as well. Claps for the Titans for proving me wrong.


Predictions


I had a surprisingly good week last week! I went 9-5 to bring my overall record for the season up to 39-33. Maybe that was the push I needed to get on a roll. Let's try to top it this week:

Bengals over Dolphins I cannot really make too many more complaints about Carson Palmer. The Bengals' quarterback went for 412 yards and three touchdowns. And the best part for Bengals fans is that Palmer threw no interceptions. The bad part is that the Bengal defense does not seem up to the test. The offense has done its part, now the defense has to step up against the Dolphins today. 24-21


Cowboys over Jaguars I think Tony Romo getting injured last week was a wakeup call for the Cowboys. It seems that everything had gone wrong for America's team and Romo breaking his clavicle was the icing on the cake. However, I believe that now that the Cowboys have hit rock bottom, they will be able to pick themselves up, at least in this game. The wily veteran Jon Kitna will get it done for the Cowboys today. 28-20


Redskins over Lions I'm taking the Redskins, although I do think this will be a very tight match. The Lions, despite their 1-5 record, have played rather well. Now with a nearly 100 percent Jahvid Best in the backfield, I think the Lions could give the Skins a run for their money. However, I like how the Redskins have been playing. So much so that I could not pick against them today. 31-28


Chiefs over Bills Oh those poor Buffalo Bills. They have played some very good games this year, including last week's face-off with the Ravens. Even at 0-6 the Bills' season is not all bad. However, I believe they stay at .000 after today. Chiefs take it. 17-10


Rams over Panthers Wouldn't you know it, as soon as I claim the Panthers are the worst team in the NFL, they go and beat the 49ers. I do not get it. I'll call that win a fluke and I'll also take the Rams today, for they have been playing extremely well. Well enough for me to pick up their defense for my fantasy league. Don't let me down, St. Louis. 28-14


Packers over Jets This is an extremely difficult pick. However, I must stick to my Super Bowl team in the Green Bay Packers. The Pack have escaped some close contests to gather a few wins, but have also lost their fair share of close ones this season. And with the Jets playing as well as they have this season, it is hard to see how they can be beaten by a shaky Packers team. Maybe the Jets are just due for a loss. That's what I'll claim as reason for this pick. 42-35


49ers over Broncos And my dark horse pick has been proven untrue as of last week. Is it not the most beautiful poetic justice? I say the Broncos are a fantastic team and could possibly sneak into the playoffs this year, and then they get slammed in a 45-point loss to none other than the Oakland Raiders. I had to rub my eyes over and over again after that one. Therefore, for today's match in London I shall give the nod to the Troy Smith-led 49ers. I have faith in him and have since he came out of college, but it seems nobody else has. May the force be with you, Troy. 21-17


Titans over Chargers With the Chargers struggling as they have and the Titans getting Vince Young back this week, my job is made incredibly easy. The Bolts are just not the same team we have seen in the past few years. Maybe Vincent Jackson is in the right. Maybe they do need him. 24-17


Seahawks over Raiders I really like being able to pick the Seahawks. For some reason I am enjoying the fact that they are leading the NFC West and continue to win. Matt Hasselbeck looks like he is back, they have received a spark on special teams from Leon Washington, Marshawn Lynch has provided a boost, and Mike Williams is a terrific comeback story. The Seahawks are the story that nobody has heard about. I like it! 27-24


Patriots over Vikings In Randy Moss's return to New England with his former former team to face his former team (if that makes sense), Moss will not be satisfied with the result. The Vikings are the Chargers of the NFC. Nobody really understands why they are losing, but they are losing and will continue losing for the foreseeable future. 35-17


Cardinals over Buccaneers The Bucs' head coach Raheem Morris has given his team a very big claim to live up to. Morris says that his Tampa Bay Buccaneers are the best team in the NFC. That's quite a lofty statement. Even with a solid record and a nice bid of confidence from their head coach, I do not see the Bucs winning today. Derek Anderson was thrown back into the fire last week for the Cardinals and will be put out there today to lead the squad. I think he is up to the challenge. 17-14


Steelers over Saints The New Orleans Saints are not playing like the New Orleans Saints we have come to know and love. Last week was an absolute dismal loss to the Browns. The Steelers, however, have returned to form after a year off in 2009. Ben Roethlisberger has played well since coming off suspension and the Steeler defense is still the Steeler defense. They win this one. 31-21


Colts over Texans The Texans were able to shock the Colts in their first matchup this season. However, coming off a bye week, the Colts do not look to allow Houston to take advantage of them again. Losing Dallas Clark was a huge hit for the Colts, but they have dealt with injury in the past. The bottom line is Peyton Manning is still Peyton Manning. He can make any receiver look good. 28-24


BONUS COVERAGE


Normally I wrap up this blog with my predictions, but I wanted to be sure to give a shout out to a fabulous musician this week. I'm quite a bit late, but my hat goes off to Matt Costa for yet another fantastic album. I highly recommend everyone go out and pick up his new album Mobile Chateau. It is truly beautiful music.

Also, I hope to post more often now that the NBA season has started. Basketball is more of my forte than football because I played basketball, so I hope to provide some information and opinions on what is going on in the NBA this year.

p.s. Another win for the Ohio Bobcats! We are now 6-3! Cheers, men!

p.p.s. For more senseless babble, follow me on Twitter. twitter.com/bradley_w_parks

No comments:

Post a Comment