Sunday, October 17, 2010

Week Six

I will post "Owning Up" at a later time. Right now I am crunched for time, so I will just jump straight to predictions.

Last week was dismal for me as I went 5-9 in my picks for the week. That puts my season record at an even 22-22. Hopefully this week I can redeem myself with these picks:

Bears over Seahawks As much as I love picking the Seahawks now that I picked their upset of the Chargers, I cannot give them a victory this week. Jay Cutler is back for the Bears and they will be thankful after last weeks sloppy win. 24-14


Packers over Dolphins I refuse to give up on the Packers. Even with a concussed Aaron Rodgers, Chad Henne's performance for the Dolphins in their last game against the Jets does not bode well for his nor the Dolphins' season. Packers get it done. 28-14


Rams over Chargers I gave the Chargers the edge last week even though my gut said to go with the Raiders. Not this week, San Diego! Give me the Rams in an "upset" victory! 28-27


Ravens over Patriots The Ravens will continue to get it done and stay locked in a tight race with the Pittsburgh Steelers for AFC North supremacy. They have not been flashy (minus the late-game heroics of Joe Flacco and T.J. Houshmandzadeh two weeks ago), but they are winning in good games. Another good one here. 27-24


Giants over Lions The New York Giants have played very well in the last two weeks, manhandling Jay Cutler in a win over the Bears and also crushing the Texans last week with help from Hakeem Nicks. Despite the excellent play of second-sting quarterback Shaun Hill, the Lions are still 1-4. Make that 1-5 this week. 31-21


Falcons over Eagles It is upsetting that we will not get to see Michael Vick in his dramatic re-rise to stardom face his former team. What will be more upsetting is Vick will have to watch his team lose to his former team without being able to do anything about it. 21-13


Steelers over Browns Is anyone picking the Browns? With both Jake Delhomme and Seneca Wallace inactive, rookie quarterback Colt McCoy is being thrown into the fire against one of the best defenses in the NFL in the Steelers and Troy Polamalu. Rough day ahead for McCoy. Oh and isn't someone coming back for the Steelers today? I forget his name. Oh that's right, Ben Roethlisberger. 35-0


Saints over Buccaneers I don't see how the Saints can lose two weeks in a row to clearly inferior teams. Then again I have been wrong before. I'll still stick with the champs for this one. 21-17


Chiefs over Texans This will be the game of the day. There were high expectations for the Texans this year and it is difficult to pick against them. However, the Chiefs' unexpected play this season has made it even more difficult to pick against them, especially after a great showing against the Colts last week. I'll take the Chiefs in a close one. 24-21


Jets over Broncos The Jets are proving Rex Ryan right this year so far. They're 4-1 and could just be the hottest team in the NFL. Big win this week. 35-21


Raiders over 49ers In a game that at the beginning of the year would be an easy win for San Francisco, the 49ers will fall. The Raiders are coming off a huge upset victory over the Chargers and will keep San Fran in misery this week. 21-10


Vikings over Cowboys This could be considered a playoff game for both of these teams. Turning around a season after a 1-4 start will be extremely difficult for the loser. The Vikings still had a decent game against the Jets in Week Five despite the loss. They'll get it back this week. 14-10


Colts over Redskins The Skins have played well, but the Colts cannot be held down this long. Peyton Manning will not be denied a winning season. Colts roll. 28-14


Titans over Jaguars A battle of big-time running backs and middle-of-the-road quarterbacks, look for a high-scoring affair. The Titans will eek this one out with some more famous late-game heroics from none other than Vince Young. 42-38

No comments:

Post a Comment