Sunday, October 24, 2010

Week Seven

Owning Up


I do not have anything really to own up on from last week. At least I don't think I do. Out of my six losses, four of them were by four points or less. The only loss I really blew was the Eagles v. Falcons game.

Therefore, I shall own up to that loss. Kevin Kolb played a terrific game. I figured the Falcons' good luck would continue and they would stick it to Michael Vick while he was on the bench. However, Kolb showed up and shoved the Falcons back into their place. On paper, Michael Vick's team got the win against his former team, but he didn't do anything to help. That has to be bittersweet for him.

Predictions


Last week I was able to get back over .500 as I went 8-6. That puts my season record at 30-28. Here is what I have for Week Seven:


Bengals over Falcons I gave the game to the Falcons last week, but not this time. I will not be fooled again! This is Carson Palmer's chance to prove that he is still an elite quarterback. Week by week Bengals fans are giving up on Palmer and he needs to win his fans back. 21-17


Redskins over Bears I really am starting to like the 'Skins. I did not have the greatest confidence in them coming into this year with below average receivers and all of the drama surrounding Albert Haynesworth. However, Mike Shanahan and Donovan McNabb have gotten this team to 3-3 with things looking up with a fresh new running back in Ryan Torain. 27-24


Eagles over Titans After picking against Kevin Kolb's Eagles last week and with Vince Young banged up for the Titans this week, I have to put my money on the Eagles. 28-14


Chiefs over Jaguars I really gave the Jags too much of a chance last week against the Titans. They got worked over by the Kerry Collins-led Titans team. The Chiefs have had unlucky losses in the past two weeks with a dropped touchdown that would have kept the game intact against the Colts and then the last-second win by the Texans last week. They get it done today. 21-7


Steelers over Dolphins I find it really hard to pick over the Steelers now that Ben Roethlisberger is back. He had a little bit of rust in his season debut last week, but good for him they were playing the Browns so his mistakes weren't capitalized on. This week Ben should be back for good. 28-17


Saints over Browns Everything that could be going wrong for the Browns is. They had Colt McCoy as their third-string quarterback for a reason. They wanted him to learn behind Jake Delhomme and Seneca Wallace instead of throwing him into the fire. However, injuries to both Delhomme and Wallace have required the Browns to turn to McCoy. He didn't do too terribly bad last week, but he is not prepared for this job clearly. 35-7


Buccaneers over Rams I cannot provide much reason behind picking the Bucs over the Rams in this game other than I cannot pick a tie. This should be a close game and hopefully the Bucs give me a reason to have picked them. 21-20


49ers over Panthers It seems that the Panthers are the 2009 Rams of 2010. It does not seem that the Panthers have anything to be excited about. Jimmy Clausen was supposed to be that spark, but it turns out he was a big flop (at least for now). They have turned back to Matt Moore for this week in hopes he will return to the Matt Moore of late last year. 24-10


Ravens over Bills This should be an easy day for the Ravens. Bottom line. The only good thing for the Bills is that despite probably falling to 0-6, they are still not as bad as the Panthers. 35-6


Seahawks over Cardinals Why these two teams are in the discussion for first place in the NFC West cannot be explained. This was supposed to be the 49ers' year with the Cardinals losing Kurt Warner to retirement and the Seahawks being the Seahawks. However, Max Hall has provided a spark in Arizona and the Pete Carroll has something working in Seattle. I'll give this one to the Seahawks. 27-24


Broncos over Raiders Despite the 2-4 record I still think the Broncos are a dark horse in the playoff picture this year, no pun intended. Kyle Orton is showing me at least that he is a stellar quarterback. I don't know what it is, but I think the Broncos are still in this thing. 17-10


Patriots over Chargers With Antonio Gates banged up, Malcolm Floyd and Legadu Naanee out the Chargers don't have much to look forward to today. The running game and Ryan Mathews may be their only hope. 28-13


Packers over Vikings Don't be surprised if I pick the Packers every week. Despite their injuries and a couple of losses that should not have been, I still have confidence in the Pack Attack. Aaron Rodgers has to beat his former teacher today to show that the Packers have moved past Brett Favre. 35-32


Giants over Cowboys Not to be repetitive, but don't be surprised if I pick against the Cowboys every week. If you've read this blog before, you know how overrated I think the Cowboys are. I stand by that opinion and hold it close every week. Not to mention, the Giants are playing extremely well this season. 28-10

No comments:

Post a Comment